Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not that there's anything wrong with that.



I've said it before and I will say it again: I have a crush on Joan Halloway Harris. You know- the secretary from Mad Men. And yes, I know she's not real, but I love her! I love her style and her sass and the way the two things go together-- and I love that she's curvy and she rocks it. I can finally embrace my hips again. Bite me, Gisele! If only she didn't make me want to smoke cigarettes and drink Scotch and eat red meat. Ok, eat more red meat.

So today, I am at work wearing my Joan Halloway best: a pencil skirt, big belt, cap sleeved top and round-toe pumps, complete with a bow. Yes, I want to BE her.

I see a lot of women on the street that I want to be. I like to dissect outfits and find what would and what would not work on me. Sometimes, I'll even snap a pic.

So now, dear reader, I do you a service: you can do the same, and you can win a shopping spree at H&M! They're running the H&M Style Eye Sweepstakes, all via Facebook. Stop playing Bejeweled for a second, then take a picture of the women who you think have the look you love, even if it's you. Post it online here and you could win an H&M shopping spree AND get featured in Lucky magazine. Got an opinion? Go vote.

Yes, yes. You're welcome. Now, be a dear and pass me a smoke.

3 comments:

  1. i applaud your joan-inspired look, i heart her too. really, i worry about her in between seasons, it's ridiculous--she's not real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too. Today I was thinking about how Roger is so in love with her. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agggh, this makes me want to smoke again. But yes, Joan is All Woman All the Time.

    ReplyDelete